FCRA Department comes under the Ministry of Home Affairs. FCRA Registration is optional for NGO / Trust / Section 8 Company
In order to regulate the foreign contribution or foreign hospitality received by any individual, association or company, the Government has consolidated all the laws and regulations relating to such transactions. For this purpose Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Act, 2010 was enacted. This was done to create a transparent mechanism for individuals and organizations through E-governance of FCRA related activities. This transparent system was created to discourage any detrimental activities which can be against national interest.
MaxBusiness is the leading business services provider in India, offering a variety of services like FCRA registration, FCRA filings, NGO Registration, Section 12A registration, Section 80G and Section 35AC registration, CSR funding assistance for NGOs, apart from compliance services like company registration, trademark filing, GST registration, income tax filing and more. MaxBusiness can help your NGO as a trusted and experienced NGO consultant for FCRA registration including Prior Permission and FCRA compliances. Get a free consultation by scheduling an appointment with a MaxBusiness advisor at 01149095741/ 41101741.
MaxBusiness assists in various aspects of FCRA Registration and take full ownership of felicitating the process. FCRA registration services starts from Rs 25,000/-.
Eligibility Criteria for FCRA Registration
For receiving any kind of foreign contribution, FCRA Registration is mandatory requirement. For applying FCRA registration, the applicant must be a non-profit organization registered and operating under any of the following statutes:
1. Under Indian Trusts Act, 1882 as registered Trusts or
2. Under Societies Registration Act, 1860 as registered Society or
3. Under Companies Act, 2013 as a Section 8 Company etc.
Along with the organizational registration following pre-conditions are also required to be satisfied by the applicant to receive foreign contribution:
1. The applicant institutions must have been set up with charitable objective of serving the society in any manner like promotion of health, education, art, cultural, religious, sports etc.
2. The organization must not have been prohibited as per Section 3 of the Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Act, 2010.
FCRA Registration is granted after proper assessment of application by the authorities. Process takes normally 6 months
Renewal of FCRA Registration
FCRA registration has a validity of 5 years, at the end of which it lapses. Thus, the non for profit organizations are required to file a renewal application for the same. Following are the timelines for filing renewal application:
1. Generally, the registered entity is required to submit a renewal application at least 6 months before the registration lapses.
2. However, if the registered entity is working on ongoing multi-year projects then this renewal application is required to be filed at least 12 months before the FCRA registration lapses.
Cancellation of FCRA Registration
Authorities have the right to cancel FCRA Registration if they are of the opinion that the operations of the NGO are not as per the provisions of the law. They have been very vigilant and proactive in this test. In the past 4 years, more than 4000 FCRA registrations have been canceled due to this.
There are many reasons which influence the decision to cancel FCRA Registration. Following are few such reasons;
1. The NGO fails to submit required compliances under Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Act, 2010 or any other regulating laws.
2 If there is any allegation or complaint made against the organization stating wrongdoings in the operation of the organization. And after enquiry, they are proved to be true.
3. The foreign contribution received by the NGO is not utilized for the purpose stated in the FCRA Registration application.
What is included in our FCRA Registration services?
- Filing an Online application on Form FC-3
- Filing for registration with Niti Ayog DARPAN ID.
- Assistance in Documents preparation and filing
- Liasioning with Department
- Getting FCRA Registration
Document Requirement for FCRA Registration?
Self-certified copy of registration certificate/Trust deed etc., of the applicant association.Copy of PAN of the NGOSelf-certified copy of relevant pages of MOA/AOA/Deed reflecting the main objects of the association.Self-certified copy of registration certificate/Trust deed etc., of the applicant association.Jpg file of signature of the chief functionary.Activity Report of last three yearsCopies of audited Assets and Liabilities, Receipt and Payment, Income and Expenditure statement etc. of last 3 years reflecting the expenditures.Annual report of the NGO and details of work done in past 3 years.Other Documents as required.
Document Requirement for FCRA Prior Permission?
Self-certified copy of registration certificate/Trust deed etc., of the applicant association.Copy of PAN of the NGOSelf-certified copy of relevant pages of MOA/AOA/Deed reflecting the main objects of the association.Duly signed approval/commitment letter from the foreign contributor.Jpg file of signature of the chief functionary.Activity Report of last three yearsCopies of audited Assets and Liabilities, Receipt and Payment, Income and Expenditure statement etc. of last 3 years reflecting the expenditures.Detail about the current and past management of the trust.Other Documents as required.
Interested to Know More about our services? Talk to us at 01149095741/41101741